South America’s largest and the most impressive country, Brazil is home to the famous Amazon Rainforest and is a most celebrated spot for holidaying. The Rio de Janeiro is an awesome place in the country for party animals and people looking for a comfortable space to relax. Apart from these things, the country is renowned for many other interesting facts. To help you know the country completely, here are the ten interesting facts about the country.
- The capital city of Brazil is Brasilia and the official name of the country is the Federative Republic of Brazil. The important cities of the country are Sao Paulo, Rio de Janerio and Salvador.
- The South American country is the largest producer of coffee in the world. The variety of coffee produced in the country is due to the differences in species, soils, climate, and cultivation methods in the region.
- Kissing strangers is customary in the country. It’s accustomed for a male to kiss a female on both the cheeks during introduction and even after leaving. Hug and kiss is a general body language in the country.
- The name Brazil is derived from an Amerindian word Brasil, which depicts a dark rosewood type common in the country. At one time, wood was the country’s major export and thus the country was named after it.
- Rio de Janeiro in Brazil has one of the most renowned mountains in the world named – Corcovado. The major highlight of the city is its 30 m. high statue that represents the city’s emblem. In order to visit the place, non-American tourists need to have a valid Brazil tourist visa.
- The country is regarded as one of the most biodiverse places in the world due to the rainforest, which is home to more than 3,000 fish species, 1,000 bird species and several mammals and reptiles like freshwater dolphins, manatees and alligators.
- The Rio Carnival in Rio de Janeiro is one of the most colorful and popular festivals/attractions of the country. It attracts nearly a million of visitors each year, who come here to watch the grand carnival parade and dance performances.
- Brazil’s soccer team is the only team that was the part of every World Cup. In that course it has won five World Cups in 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994 and 2002.
- Pizza is the favorite snack item of people residing in Sao Paulo. As per the survey conducted by the Food Service EDC, Brazilians consume about 1.5 million pizzas each day and the state of Sao Paulo consumes about 53% of them.
- Housing over 80 different species, the country has more species of monkey that any other country in the world.
As you know nearly every important fact about the country, it’s time to pack your bag and reach the place for fun and only fun. Don’t forget to carry your Brazil visa!