There is no better outdoor recreational activity that is more adventurous and exciting than going camping. The participants can include anyone of any age. The participants are more specifically called campers. A tent, caravan, motor home or a cabin may be needed if the campers plan on staying for a while at their camping site. They may even plan on spending a single night or several nights at their camping site.
- What Is the Basic Aim of Camping
The basic idea is to teach the participants the core value of teamwork and self-reliance. Since the campers have to live on their surplus supplies and equipment they bring from home region, urban areas or civilization. They have to sparingly use everything they bring along with them. They have to depend on each other for their needs and to overcome any obstacles and hindrances they may encounter. To attend large open air events, some people find camping an inexpensive form of accommodation.
Many youth organizations make going camping a key part of their program. Many national or state owned parks, publicly owned natural areas and privately owned campgrounds are frequented by campers.
- Whatto Take Along When Going Camping
When going camping there are some essentials you need to bring along with you. If not seasoned outdoorsman, packing for a camping excursion can be a lot trickier than any other trip you would have taken. In case you might forget anything, it is better that a checklist be prepared well in time. Your checklist candifferdepending on the type of camping and things you are planning to do. The basic things you take along to a camp would typically include:
- Warm Clothing, shoes or boots, jeans or trousers, shorts, socks, underwear, rain gear, sleep clothes, towel and laundry bag
- Camp Futon
- A fully charged Lantern and Flashlight
- Trailer for Hauling Camping Gear
- Garbage Bags
- Ground Mat and Lighter
- Hydration System
- Shelter such as tent, extra stake, shade, axe or hammer and dust pan/ brush
- Cooking ware such as large water bucket, coolers, thermos, stove with fuel/ propane, charcoal/ firewood, campfire grill/ BBQ grill, plastic or silverware utensils, paper towels, dish soap, containers for food storage, pots and frying pans with lids, skewers or grill forks, mixing bowl and cutting board
- Personal items would essentially include shower shoes/ flip flops, towel, soap in plastic case, toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, brush, razor, feminine products and personal medication
- Miscellaneous items including first aid kits, camera/film/battery, hand wipes and scissors
- Add More to Your Camping Experience
Camping can be enjoyed more thoroughly in conjunction with certain activities like:
- Hill walking
- Mountain biking
The mobile variety of tent camping is called backpacking. Distances are surpassed on foot and the backpackers carry light weight equipment on their backs. Hiking is done across land. They may cross rivers and camp at remote locations that are not even heard of.
The campers have limited carrying capacity if they are on foot. The case is different if campers are travelling on caravans and motor homes. Canoe camping is another popular form of camping these days. In this case, canoes are used for transportation. A canoe or a kayak provides more carrying capacity than when a person is backpacking. Most important necessaries in this case are water proof bags and fishing gear.
Sail camping is another form of camping that is widely enjoyed. This can be enjoyed while sailing or boating. The camping sites in this case would be islands and campgrounds along the shore lines. They just dock their boats and set up camps.