With the holidays coming up you may be in the midst of some serious holiday planning. While the holidays are definitely full of fun traditions and joyful occasions they can also bring about some serious stress. According to the Research and Innovative Technology Administration, Christmas and New Years are two of the busiest travel periods of the year, and with traveling comes hectic scheduling and budget planning. All it takes is one stressful trip for you to know that it is well worth the research and extra money to ensure your trip is as comfortable as possible. Use the following tips to make your airport traveling stress-free.
- With all the planning you are doing to ensure you have a good time once you reach your destination, it can be easy to forget to also plan your transportation to the airport. Whether you want cheap airport parking or the parking option with the most amenities, you will definitely want to plan and book your airport parking reservations ahead of time.
- A simple step that many people forget is checking their flight status before they leave home. While rare, flights do get cancelled or run behind schedule. Sign up for flight notifications to have them sent right to your phone or email so that you get constant up-to-date flight notifications.
- Always arrive to the airport early. As a rule of thumb, always get to the airport at least 2 hours prior to your departure. Nothing wastes more time and possibly more money when traveling than missing your flight because you did not account for security line and check-in line time issues. Save yourself the headache by arriving early and giving yourself time to account for any mishaps, such as a random TSA security check, or shopping that you may want to do. You will be thankful that you gave yourself ample time.
- Many airline websites and travel sites offer email alerts that will let you know when a trip you are looking out for has a great travel deal. Sign up ahead of time to find the best deals.
- Don’t be afraid to check your bags. While checking bags may take more time, and also may cost you more money, it may be worth the convenience of being able to walk about the airport freely without having to worry about carrying your bags. Make a note of the bag size and weight limitations. Research your airline’s bag checking policies prior to your trip and pack accordingly.
- Be sure to keep identification and cash where you can easily reach it.
- Another tip that can make your trip more enjoyable is to always check into your flight ahead of time. This quick step can essentially save you a lot of time. Some airlines also let you pick out your seat when you check-in ahead of time.
- When checking bags, make sure your bag stands out. Add a personalized touch to your bag so that it is easily spotted. This will save you time when looking for your bag on the conveyor belt.
- Be cautious when traveling with electronics, especially your computer. Label your laptop computer and put your information on it and all of your personal items to ensure that they do not get mixed up with other travelers items.
- Review TSA policy before you pack. You can easily avoid an hour-long search and having to throw away all your liquid items simply by knowing the TSA policy ahead of time. Pack any precious liquid items such as perfumes and lotions in the bags you plan to check. Strictly follow the guidelines and you will be in and out of the TSA lines in no time.
- If you are bringing holiday gifts with you, be sure you wrap the gifts once you arrive to your destination or wrap them in gift bags so that they can be easily checked by TSA agents if necessary.
It is important to know what to expect when picking an airline. While many inflight services used to be standard across the board, many airlines have begunto offer different complimentary items to give their customers a more comfortable experience and to set themselves apart. Here are a few of the items offered by some of the top US airlines:
- 3-4 inches of extra legroom
- Priority boarding
- 50% more recline space on most flights
- Complimentary alcoholic beverages on most international flights
- Complimentary premium television channels on some international flights
- Extra legroom
- Complimentary soft drinks, juices, tea and coffee on most flights
- Entertainment options such as movies, audio selections and cable television available on most flights
- Open seating
- Complimentary beverages and snacks such as pretzels and peanuts on most flights
- All day Wi-Fi available for $5
- Personal televisions available
- Inflight magazines and newspapers
Make your trip fun and relaxing from start to finish with these tips. Do you have any travel rituals that you think make traveling more enjoyable? Share your personal tips and tricks. Happy travels!
These travel tips are provided by The Parking Spot: the leading airport parking company in the United States with an array of amenities that make airport parking more enjoyable. From LAX Parking to Newark Airport Parkingwe have you covered! Visit www.theparkingspot.com to book your airport parking reservations now.