Airport parking can be a serious headache. To make matters worse, Melbourne airport long term parking is anything but cheap. Luckily, there are a number of off-site car parks operated by independent owners that charge just a fraction of that you would pay at the airport’s car parks. These operators provide a wide range of parking services for both short-term and long-term parking.
Many offsite car parks in Melbourne Airport offer you a choice between undercover parking and open air parking, with the former provided at small premium. Some also provide free shuttle services to and from the airport. This can be very convenient for long-term parking since you can save a substantial amount on taxi costs. Here are the main reasons why many people prefer parking in offsite locations:
Highly Competitive Prices
Melbourne Airport long term parking is much more costly than parking at on offsite airport car park. Let’s compare what you would pay at the airport’s car parks with what a typical offsite location charges:
- One Day Open Air: You can expect to pay $39 at Melbourne’s long-term car park and $69 in the value arena. In comparison, a typical offsite car park will charge you less than $20 for one day of open air parking.
- One Day Undercover: The multi-level long-term undercover car park at Melbourne Airport charges $56 per day, compared to below $25 for the same service by most independent operators.
- Two Days, One Night Open Air: Here you will be billed at $49 in the long-term category in Melbourne Airport and $69 in the value long stay category. A two-day stay at an offsite car park will still be considerably cheaper than the cheapest 2-day rate you can get at the airport.
- Two Days, One Night Under Cover Parking: For this service in Melbourne Airport, you will have to part with $115, more than double what you will pay at a an average offsite car park. That’s more expensive than many hotels.
- Five Days Open Air: This is probably the only reasonably-priced parking category at Melbourne Airport. This will take you back $79 compared to below $50 for many offsite car parks.
- Five Days Undercover: If you are heading away for a whole week of work, Melbourne Airport will charge you $140 for undercover parking for 5 days while the average independent operator will charge you below $75 for the same service.
It’s quite obvious that parking at Melbourne Airport is far more expensive than parking at even the more expensive offsite car parks.
Offsite airport car parks are usually conveniently located close to the terminal, so you never have to worry about travelling long distances to reach Melbourne Airport. Once you drop off your vehicle, you will be taken by a complimentary shuttle service back to the airport to give you time to relax and prepare for your next flight. When you come back from your trip, the shuttle bus will pick you from the airport.
Car Detailing Options
Many offsite car parks offer car detailing services such as washing and cleaning your car. This can save you a lot of time and inconvenience. You can arrange to have your car’s interior and exterior washed while you are away. Once you return from your trip, you will find your car clean and ready to go.
Convenient Payment Options
You never have to worry about those pesky parking tickets once you park your car at an offsite location. Most operators accept a wide range of credit cards including VISA and MasterCard. If anything ties you up and you leave your car longer than you had planned for, your car will still be well taken care of. All you will have to do is pay the extra fee upon your return.
Long-term airport parking Melbourne can be done cheaply and conveniently in an offsite airport car park. This service is ideal for people going for long business trips or holidays who don’t want to pay the exorbitant fees charged at Melbourne Airport car park.