- The Galapagos Islands – made famous by the observations of its wildlife that helped Charles Darwin to formulate his theory of evolution, this archipelago of volcanic islands off the coast of Ecuador is a great choice for a late spring or early summer cruise. Warm weather and calm seas in April and May help to ensure that the climate is perfect for visitors to explore the flora and fauna to be found here and there are a number of companies that have luxury liners operating in this part of the world during these months. As part of a national park and marine reserve, it is to be hoped that the Galapagos Islands remain a pristine destination for many years to come.
- Hawaii – staying in the Pacific Ocean but moving farther north, we have the islands that make up the state of Hawaii. A popular destination with honeymooners and anybody else that appreciates friendly locals, great weather, fantastic food and stunning views, the 50th state is pleasantly warm in the summer months. Temperatures in the late 20s and early 30s ensure that visitors can get plenty of time in on the beaches and enjoy the wide variety of water sports activities that the islands have to offer. If you are looking for a North American cruise with lots of sunshine and exotic ports of call, itineraries that include time in Hawaii should definitely be on your shortlist.
- Aruba – lying in the southern Caribbean, this island is part of what is often referred to as the Dutch Antilles. The dry, sunny climate that prevails on Aruba makes it a great destination for sun worshippers as, unlike many other destinations in the Caribbean, rain is quite a rarity on the island. In addition to great beaches and sunny weather, Aruba boasts luxury resorts and high class casinos that attract the rich and famous, as well as those who would like a taste of the high life. There are many cruises that stop off at this island and, if it really appeals to you, it is possible to arrange to finish your holiday with a couple of weeks in an Aruban beachfront hotel.
- The Aegean – if you are planning to take your annual vacation in July or August, a trip around the Greek Islands, including Crete, Mykonos and Rhodes, is an excellent choice. Beautiful beaches, crystal waters, charming whitewashed villages and a mild climate all go toward making this corner of the world a wonderful place to spend a few weeks with family and friends. If you cannot relax and unwind in the Greek Islands, you are unlikely to be able to do so anywhere else on earth. Many cruises in this area also call in at Athens, where you can see the Acropolis, an ancient fortress area that is home to several historic buildings such as the world famous Parthenon.
- The Mexican Riviera – back on the Pacific Coast of America, the destinations that collectively are known as the Mexican Riviera are favourite stopping off points among seasoned cruise passengers and spring is a good time of the year to head for this part of the world. Whilst you can still have a great holiday in the area during the summer months, the weather can be rather hot and humid for many people’s liking after late April so do bear this in mind when you are looking at departure dates. Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta and Salina Cruz are just a few of the places that you might take in when sailing in the warm, blue waters off the Pacific coast of Mexico.
Author Bio: With experienced and knowledgeable staff, CruiseWorldWide.Travel is able to provide clients with services that help them pick the right trip from a wide range of cruises.