Whilst most people plan their holidays months or sometimes even years in advance, it can be nice to just drop everything and fly off into the sun at a moment’s notice. The only problem with spontaneous breaks as far as many travellers are concerned is finding the cash to fund them. If you don’t want to miss the opportunity to travel with friends but they are leaving before you will be able to save enough money to go with them, there may be a way around your problem.
- Borrowing from friends – whether this is possible will depend on how your friends feel about lending you money and how well off they happen to be right now. If all your friends are hoping to come along on the trip themselves, this is probably not the best option but if not, it could be worth asking. As with all the suggestions in this article, do not try to borrow any more than you think you will be able to repay comfortably in whatever timeframe is applicable.
- Approaching a commercial lender – if you have a good credit history, you may be in a position to apply for a personal loan from a high street bank. However, given that you are not likely to be in receipt of a regular wage while travelling, this could be difficult. An alternative to banks is finance companies that specialise in lending to people in your position. Carcashpoint.com has details of how to apply for urgent cash loans and you can find a number of other sites offering similar services that may be worth investigating. As I mentioned above, make sure that you are happy about your ability to make the repayments on time before you make any commitments.
- Selling your possessions – if you own a particularly valuable piece of jewellery that you no longer want or you have something else that you would be willing to sell to fund your trip, this option is definitely worth considering. On the other hand, if you think that you would regret it afterwards, it might be better to try to find a way to borrow the money rather than attempting to raise it by auctioning off your worldly goods.
- Sponsorship – depending on where you are planning to go and how good you are at writing, you may find a travel publication that is willing to fund your trip and pay a little extra for your insights on the places that you visit. Articles about what to do on spring breaks in San Francisco and other pieces of a similar nature are always in demand and you have nothing to lose by asking so you might as well see what reaction you get from local publishers and those that you find online.
- Working while travelling – although you will still need to find the cash to buy your flight tickets and pay for any visas that you may need before departing, if you are willing and able to work on your trip, you will not have to worry about finding enough money for the whole holiday beforehand.
Whether you fancy backpacking across South East Asia and discovering the cuisines and cultures of the countries in this part of the world or you would like to travel to Brazil and see some of the World Cup matches, there are a number of ways in which you might be able to fund your trip in the absence of any savings. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a great time and make a lot of new friends too.
About: Discover a quick and easy way to get logbook loans at Carcashpoint.com, a lending company that provides hassle-free solutions to people’s financial needs.