Many people believe that travelling to a foreign country is a difficult task as one has to go through lots of legal requirements. In actual fact, the legal side is not as complicated as people think it to be. Just following the correct path can make the whole visa application procedure simple for a traveller. The same principle is applicable if you plan to visit Australia. However, there are certain rules and regulations you need to follow when you apply for an Australian tourist visa. So, if you wish to know the rules and regulation, you need to keep reading.
Where can you get your tourist visa?
Numerous visa service providers are there who can help in getting such visas easily. However, the service provider you choose should be authentic and should have the legal right to provide a visa.
Procedure to apply for an Australian Tourist Visa:-
European citizens who wish to visit Australia for a holiday need to apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 601). For instance, if the applicant belongs to Ireland, he needs to apply for a subclass 601 visa to travel to Australia. The applicant can apply for this visa online. This visa will be valid for 12 months, allowing stays of up to three months per visit. Hence, if you are visiting Australia, you need to plan your trip within these three months. Such visa is often termed as an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority). Once your application is approved, the visa will be directly linked to your passport. The airline officials will automatically access your visa when you check in to travel. As far as the documents are concerned, you might be required to provide information such as:-
- A medical certificate from a certified doctor to prove that you are physically fit to travel to Australia
- Health insurance
- Financial evidence showing you are able to support your stay in Australia
When you are applying online, these documents are not always required. You will just be required to pay a minimal amount as a fee. If you are travelling with your family, each person will require their own visa. Apart from these rules, there are few restrictions to follow.
Restrictions to follow during your stay in Australia:-
Once your application is accepted, you will receive the visa to visit Australia. During your holiday, you are allowed to visit the tourist sites within this country. However, few legal restrictions are there that you need to follow:-
- You are not allowed to work in Australia during your stay in this country. However, you can opt for volunteer work for a limited period of time.
- You cannot undertake any training or study for longer than 3 months.
- If your child of 11 years old intends to study in a classroom environment for a period of 4 weeks or more, they will need to undergo chest X-ray examination.
- You should be physically fit and must not have been in contact with tuberculosis at the time you travel or during your stay in Australia.
- You should have any criminal record.
Following these restrictions will save you from facing any legal objection during your vacation in Australia.
About Author: Stuart Hopes, an immigrant lawyer and a freelance writer too. He writes various blogs and articles on legal rules required to follow for visa applicants. Here, he speaks about Australian tourist visa and its rules attached to it.