Australia is a beautiful island. Sun, sand and sea-you will find all here. This place has enormous diversity- breathtaking beaches, pristine forest and mountain scenery, striking wide-open spaces and amazing National Parks.
Planning a trip to Australia let me share some tips for hassle-free travel
Whether you are from any part of the world, you will need to apply for visa before landing in Australia (only exception being if you are from New Zealand).
- For any traveler travelling across the globe, travel insurance is of paramount importance. Do take a travel insurance policy that covers theft, loss, accidents and health issues. If you are planning any adventurous sport like scuba diving, bungee jumping, motorcycling, skiing and even bushwalking; ensure that your policy covers it all.
- Climatically, Australia is divided into temperate region and tropical region. Situated in the southern hemisphere, summers are from December to February for most of the country, and the north experiences wet season. Between June and August is winter; generally mild, but southern mountain regions may receive snow and northern states have dry, sunny days. Australia is susceptible to seasonal natural disasters- tropical cyclones, flash flooding, dust storms and bushfires before you land in trouble. Collect complete information before coming to Australia. Check world weather website or the Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology.
- All travelers should be up-to-date on routine vaccines before the trip. These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and yearly flu booster shot. Sometimes Japanese encephalitis vaccine is recommended if you wish to travel to remote places for more than a month. Please check CDC health information.
- Do get currency exchange at the bank, airport or at a currency exchange in most cities. Always ensure money while exploring a new country.
- First off, on reaching any new country, safety measures are important. Handle your personal assets and travel documents carefully. Negligence may cost you heavily.
- Come prepared with the list of places you will visit, best time to visit that place, all the travelling information, and events happening at that time to make the best of your trip. Though summer is the best bet, the October/November and March/April are a better time to visit Australia, as summers being the hotshot, you may face peak-season accommodation prices and jam-packed public transport. The food and activities may also cost you more.
- Keep a travel guide handy. It will support you all through your trip.
- If you are planning to explore the country on road, then check your driver’s license. Before hiring a car, verify its condition. Also enquire about services on the way (Nissan glen Waverley service is one such good one, you can consider). Acquaint yourself with the road laws of Australia in advance to have a hassle free road tour.
- Do know the location of the nearest embassy – you may need it.
- Check with the phone services you are using in your home country, if they have any data packages for Australia. If not, you can opt for an international phone upon your landing.
- Respect the local culture of Australia to have an awesome time.
- Always check the travel advice pages for Australia. Visit smarttraveller.gov.au.
Australia is a popular travel destination. You wouldn’t find a place like this. Keep in mind all the points that I have shared with you before visiting. So, just pack your bags and come for an experience of a lifetime. Explore it! Have a happy stay in Australia!
“Author Bio: Ella Rich is an automobile expert with keen interest in car safety. Safety while driving on the road is important and wheels form an integral part of it. Nissan glen Waverley service offers the best services for total car care for all cars.”