Recreation or entertainment is an important part of human life. Though a man is known in this world primarily by the work he does. ‘Work is worship’ is an old proverb which holds great relevance. But too much work makes a person lethargic. It could lead to physical and mental exhaustion, stress, depression and insomnia. A wise man once said that out of the twenty four hours that are available to a man in a day, eight hours must be spent working, eight hours should be utilized for leisure and eight hours must be kept for rest.
Traveling or tourism or sightseeing is one of the most common modes of entertainment. Visiting great tourist destinations like gorgeous hill stations, mesmerizing sea beaches, captivating historical monuments etc fills a person with great joy.
Toronto, the capital of Orlando province of Canada is among the most popular tourist destinations in the world. This largest city of Canada is visited by about 9 million tourists every year. It is the 40Th most visited city in the world. Toronto offers world class museums, theaters, festival events, and cuisine, arts and sports activities to tourists. Due to its extremely low crime rate it is considered to be among the safest cities to travel in North America. Toronto also offers world class hotels andluxury furnished apartments for accommodation to visitors.
This article discusses some of the best tourist spots and cuisines of Toronto:
- 1. Casa Loma- Casa Loma is one of the most popular museums of Toronto. It is a large Gothic style revival villa which was the residence of Sir Henry Pellet who is credited for bringing hydro- electricity for the first time to Toronto. This gorgeous landmark is classified in to six areas namely main floor, second floor, third floor, basement, stables and exterior. The main features of the various classified areas are great hall, library, dining room, peacock alley, Sir Henry’s Suite, Lady Pallet’s bathroom, The Queen’s own rifles of Canada Regimental museum, The Austin room, gift shop, castle cafe, wine cellar, hunting lodge, tack rooms and gardens. The popularity of this place could be gauged from the fact that some of the scenes of various popular Hollywood movies and TV serials like X-Men, Strange Brew, Chicago, The Pacifier and Goosebumps were filmed here.
- 2. CN Tower-The CN tower, a hexagonal shaped structure is considered to be the national emblem of Canada. It is the third tallest structure in the world. One among the seven modern wonders of the world, it adorns Toronto’s skyline. Visitors can regale themselves by viewing its various astonishing features like world’s highest public observation gallery, world’s highest glass floor paneled elevator, world’s highest bar, world’s longest metal staircase, world’s highest glass floor, world’s highest and largest revolving restaurant and world’s highest wine cellar.
- 3. Roger’s centre- It is a multipurpose stadium located in downtown, Toronto. It serves as the home ground of Toronto Blue Jays of Major League Baseball and the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football league. Though primarily used as a sports stadium it has hosted various popular concerts, trade fairs, concerts, monster truck shows etc. It’s most amazing feature is the retractable motorized roof which is used to cover the stadium during squally weather. Some of its other features which are worth viewing are The Audience, A tribute to baseball, the art of the possible, Salmon run and Spiral Mountain.
- 1. Lobster roll- In order to prepare this delectable dish, processed lobster meat is cooked and served in a hot dog bun along with mayonnaise, lettuce, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. It is served along with potato chips and French fries.
- 2. General Tao’s chicken- This dish is named after a famous Chinese politician and soldier General Tao who was known to have enjoyed it. Due to the presence of a large population of Chinese origin in Toronto, this dish is served by most of the restaurants in Toronto. This lip smacking dish is prepared by first deep frying pieces of boneless chicken and then stirs frying them along with a sweet and spicy sauce consisting of soy sauce, rice wine, rice wine vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, dried red chili peppers, and garlic. This dish is generally served along with rice. Some times boiled eggs are also added to increase the flavor.
- 3. Roast beef- This is a very popular dish of British origin. This dish comprises of small pieces of beef roasted in an oven served along with roasted potatoes and other vegetables. Some times this dish is also served in the form of sandwich along with lettuce and mustard.
Pamela Walker is 28 years old writer. She has years of experience in Toronto apartments. She is very expressive and always wants to share her professional experience with her audience. She regularly writes Guest post about Toronto furnished apartment rentals.